Dani Olmo was one of the players linked with Barcelona during the summer transfer window.
Barca held negotiations with RB Leipzig over the Spanish international about a deal to bring him back to the club, but it came to nothing.
Speaking to 'Süddeutsche Zeitung' on Friday, Olmo broke his silence on the subject.
“There wasn’t even really time to think about a transfer, it was all too quick,” Olmo said of Barca’s late interest.
“For now I have my head focused on the season with Leipzig, I’m good here. I can’t wait to play and to get back to fighting for international in European competitions. That is my motivation.”
Barca director Mateu Alemany spoke about Olmo earlier in the week.
“We could speak about a lot of players because in tue final days of the window we made contact with players that could help us in attack,” he said.
“I don’t like to talk about players that aren’t here but we have various markets and various players controlled.
“A lot of things could have happened but in the end we signed Luuk de Jong as another attacking option.”