Official: Real Madrid confirm the signing of Brazilian starlet Reinier

Madrid have paid Flamengo his €30m buyout clause and he'll begin his career in Spain with Castilla

Reinier ya es nuevo futbolista del Real Madrid
Reinier ya es nuevo futbolista del Real Madrid | EFE

Real Madrid have officially confirmed the signing of Brazilian youngster Reinier Jesus. The 18-year-old joins from Flamengo after Los Blancos decided to pay his €30m release clause.

Sport EN

The official statement says Madrid have signed Reinier to a deal until 2026. He'll initially join up with Real Madrid Castilla once he's completed a pre-Olympics U23 tournament with Brazil next month.

80% of his fee, €24m, will go to Flamengo whilst the other 20% (€6m) will be shared equally between the player's agent and family. 

There were rumours of interest from Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal and PSG but Madrid moved quickest to secure the latest Brazilian teenager to their ranks. In recent years they've bought Vinicius Jr and Rodrygo for big sums of cash too.

The plan is for Reinier to play primarily for Castilla but he could be loaned out to a fellow LaLiga side with Espanyol one of the sides mentioned as a possible destination.

cerrar
Sport

SPORT.es

Descarga gratis la app en tu móvil