Official: Matias Vargas completes transfer to Espanyol

The Barcelona club will pay 10.5 million euros for the forward

El Espanyol da la bienvenida a su nuevo jugador
El Espanyol da la bienvenida a su nuevo jugador | sport

Espanyol have confirmed the arrival of Matias Vargas, making the Argentine player their third signing of the summer following deals for Ander Iturraspe and Bernardo Espinosa.

El Monito, as he has known, joins David Gallego's side to strengthen the attack ahead of the possible departure of Borja Iglesias. 

At 22, the now ex Velez Sarsfield man heads to the RCDE Stadium for 10.5 million euros, overtaking 'Panda' Iglesias as the club's record signing. 

The La Liga side only own 80 percent of the forward's rights, though, with Velez keeping the other 20 percent. He has a release clause if 50 million euros. 

Vargas is expected in Barcelona on Monday for a medical and to get to work under Gallego in the Catalan capital. 


Descarga gratis la app en tu móvil