Emre Can says he would have looked to leave Juventus before the transfer window shut if he knew he would be cut from the Champions League squad.
Along with Mario Mandzukic, the Germany midfielder was one of the surprise omissions from Juve's list of players registered for European competition this week.
"The fact that I am not in the Champions League squad is extremely shocking for me, mainly because I was promised something different last week," the former Liverpool man said.
"There were talks with other clubs [before the transfer window closed] and one of the conditions for me to stay was to be part of the Champions League squad.
"On Tuesday they phoned me and told me, in a conversation that didn’t even last a minute, that I was not on the list and they didn’t give an explanation.
"That does make me angry and furious because I think that I played well last season, above all in the Champions League.
"I really can’t understand this and will now see what I decide to do from here and I will seek talks with the club next week."
Can later appeared to backtrack on his comments, posting on social media that he was grateful for all Juve have done for him and will keep quiet and fight on the pitch.