Mingueza, Riqui Puig and Umtiti won't have to return to training on July 4
Óscar Mingueza, Samuel Umtiti and Riqui Puig will have an extra week off and won't have to return for the start of Barcelona's preseason on July 4.
The three players have been told not to come in next week by coach Xavi Hernandez to give them more time to find a new club, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Xavi had already told them they are not part of his plans next season but they have not yet found a club for next season. Therefore, he has given them a bigger window to resolve their futures.
Danish striker Martin Braithwaite is in the same situation as Mingueza, Umtiti and Puig, although his case is not exactly the same because he is not due back until July 11 following his involvement in the Nations League with Denmark.
It's not ruled out that all four are not part of the tour of the United States, either, even if they can't find a new club.
Topics with the letter