Laporta had earlier said he was hurt by the contract talks with the midfielder
Barcelona president Joan Laporta spoke to L'Esportiu on Wednesday and said he doesn't like the situation around Gavi's contract renewal because it's taking longer than expected and the midfielder's agent, Ivan de la Peña, is weighing up other offers.
Laporta's comments have caused surprise and anger within Gavi's camp, who insist an official offer has not yet arrived from Barça.
"The agents have had the offer on the table for a long time. We don't have any news that they have accepted it. The news we have is that they are comparing it with other offers," Laporta said.
However, as revealed by SPORT, Gavi's camp have not yet received Barça's offer. The terms were spoken about at the last meeting between De la Peña and sporting director Mateu Alemany, but two weeks have passed and the official offer has not been sent.
Gavi's agents hope Barça's fulfil their word, given that Laporta's comments have confused the situation. The player has always wanted to extend his stay at Camp Nou after a fine debut season at the age of 17.