The Poland striker will miss three matches, starting with Atletico on Sunday
Following the Spanish Administrative Court's (TAD) decision to maintain Robert Lewandowski's three-match ban after his expulsion in the match against Osasuna, Barcelona have decided to abide by said decision and, as SPORT has learned, will not appeal again.
Barça say the resolution has been issued with unusual speed and without complying with the relevant procedures, as had been done up to now.
But despite the fact that Barça consider they are right to defend Lewandowski and that the sanction is excessive, the TAD resolution will be respected and the Polish striker will begin to serve said sanction in the next LaLiga match.
This coming Sunday, therefore, Xavi will no longer be able to count on Lewandowski for the visit to Atletico Madrid, just as he will not be able to do so in the matched against Getafe and Girona.
On the contrary, the sanction does allow Lewandowski to play the Spanish Super Cup, which will be played next week in Riyadh, and the round of 16 of the Copa del Rey, which will be played on January 17, 18 or 19 -- if Barça qualify by beating Intercity.
Topics with the letter