Arthur Melo, Barcelona’s Brazilian centre-midfielder, was chosen as part of the ‘breakthrough’ Champions League XI for the group stages so far. He is the only Barca player in UEFA’s list.
Arthur joins Rakitic in being heralded, after the Croatian’s goal at Wembley was chosen as the best so far.
This is the revelations XI:
- GK: Odisseas Vlachodimos, 24 años (years old) (Benfica)
- DF: Milan Škriniar, 23 años (Inter de Milán)
- DF: Matthijs de Ligt, 19 años (Ajax)
- DF: Andy Robertson, 24 años (Liverpool)
- MF: Frenkie de Jong, 21 años (Ajax)
- MF: Houssem Aouar, 20 años (Lyon)
- MF: Arthur, 22 años (Barcelona)
- MF: Nikola Vlašić, 21 años (CSKA)
- FW: Cengiz Ünder, 21 años (Roma)
- FW: Hirving Lozano, 23 años (PSV)
- FW: Jadon Sancho, 18 años (Dortmund)
To make the XI you have to be 24 or younger, and debut in the competition in 2018 - or have just one previous experience of it, with this year being a quality leap